Alumni Panel Guides New Graduates
The Development Office, in collaboration with the College Counseling Department and Dean of Students Will Miller, was pleased to host the Class of 2021 for a College Alumni/Senior Class Meet & Greet on June 10. Seniors were welcomed to the MFS Alumni Association, a far-reaching group of individuals made up of more than 3,400 MFS alumni spanning the globe.
Members of the MFS Classes of 2017 and 2018 came back to campus to answer questions about the transition from high school to college. A wide range of topics were discussed like the real essentials to bring to campus, advice on common freshman year challenges, and what they wished they had known beforehand about college life.
Small groups met outdoors at four shady locations near Van Meter Hall and along the McShap Path. Alumni rotated through the groups so that seniors had an opportunity to talk with a variety of people from different campuses. A boxed Panera Bread lunch was provided for all attendees.
Special thanks to the following alums for making time to share about their college experiences with members of the Class of 2021:
- Rebecca Berg ’17 (University of Scranton)
- Jacob Desman ’17 Johns Hopkins University)
- Matt Granito ’18 (Gettysburg College)
- Nick Tursi ’17 (University of Pennsylvania)
- Hunter Harris ’17 (New York University)
- Hannah Thomson ’17 (McDaniel College)
- Surya Reddy ’18 (Indiana University)
- Mateo Flores ’17 (Ithaca College)
- Caroline Paw ’17 (Penn State University)