MFS Digital Digest – 4/14/20
There have been many creative lessons and activities in all divisions during Virtual MFS. Several teachers have shared glimpses at these events with the Communications Department. Enjoy these snapshots:
- Kindergarteners created dragon masks as a group art project.
- Middle School students participated in a virtual scavenger hunt that allowed them to test their research skills.
- The Upper School hosted Divisional Community Time through Zoom; students used this time to generate ideas for weekly grade-level competitions in the weeks to come.
- Teachers are using virtual whiteboard tools to guide students through lessons (for example, in this screenshot of Grade 3 Teacher Rachel Mainwaring teaching fractions).
- MS/US Art Teacher Nicole Edmund created digital art galleries of student work that visitors can “walk through,” such as this collection of seventh graders’ Two-Point Perspective projects.
- Teachers have used Q&A tools like Edpuzzle to give students the ability to answer questions during recorded lessons (see an example from French Teacher Séverine Fortune here).