With a commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive community, Moorestown Friends School offers financial aid to qualified students in Grades 1-12. Applying for financial aid in no way affects the admission decision. Financial aid is awarded on the basis of financial need, and over one fourth of our enrolled students receive some financial aid.
For consideration in the first round of financial aid decisions, families should complete their financial aid application by February 1, 2018. Because funds are limited, it is important that families meet this deadline.
The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) service School and Student Services (SSS) is used to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS recommends an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the upcoming school year, follow the steps below. Call SSS at 800.344.8328 with any questions (Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm EST; Sat: 9am-4pm EST).
- Go to sssbynais.org/parents
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). You only have to complete one PFS even if you have several children applying to our school. For parents who are separated or divorced or have never been married, the noncustodial parent must also complete a separate PFS.
- You will be given a password that will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it.
- You will be given instructions about submitting copies of required backup documents (1040 income tax return(s), all schedules submitted to the IRS with the 1040, both parents’ W-2 forms, Business and Farm Statement – if applicable, and the IRS form #4506-T). Your documents will be handled with the utmost level of security. Click here to read more about SSS’s document security.
Note: All financial aid applications for the 2018-2019 academic year must be filed online.
We would like to do everything possible to make a Moorestown Friends School education available to your child. Since financial aid is limited, it is to your benefit to submit the required information by the January 8 deadline.
The total amount of financial aid granted each year is determined by the School Committee which is the governing body of Moorestown Friends School.
1. Determination of Tuition Aid — Grants are awarded by the Financial Aid Committee. It is composed of the Head of School, the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, and the Director of Finance and Operations, in consultation with the Division Directors. All information submitted in support of such applications is strictly confidential.
2. Basis for Grants — A family’s financial need is the primary consideration in determining awards.
3. Limitations — Grants are not transferable from one child to another in the same family. Beginning in Grade 9, the first $1,000 awarded is in the form of a loan with the remainder of the award in the form of a grant. Grants are applied only to tuition costs and all awards are made on the basis of yearly application.
4. Conditions –A financial aid request will be considered by the Financial Aid Committee on the condition that the following requirements are met:
a. The student is enrolled for the school year for which the financial aid request is made and the enrollment deposit has been paid.
b. In the case of students presently enrolled, all current financial obligations to the School have been paid.
Awarding Procedures and Responsibilities
1. Grants are made by the Financial Aid Committee at meetings. Letters will be sent confirming awards shortly after these meetings.
2. The enrollment deposit is refundable only if a family determines that the financial aid award is not sufficient to permit the child to attend MFS. Within two weeks of notification of the financial aid award, the school must be notified in writing to that effect before the deposit can be refunded.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office via e-mail or by phone at 856-235-2900.
Resources for Parents