Moorestown Friends School is proud to serve students from over 60 New Jersey towns. The Admissions Office is eager to discuss a transportation plan for your family as you consider MFS.
In New Jersey, transportation varies by school district. Some school districts provide bus service while others provide reimbursement in lieu of transportation (currently $1,000 per student).
Moorestown Friends encourages families to register your child with your public school district for busing through the Application for Private School Transportation Form (B6T). The information you provide will enable your school district to arrange transportation or payment.
Eligibility and Exemption Information for New Jersey Students:
- Children must be enrolled in Kindergarten – Grade 12 at MFS.
- Children must live within 20 miles of MFS to be eligible.
- Children living in Moorestown must live further than the following distances from MFS to be eligible for transportation:
- Grades K – 6: 1 mile or more
- Grades 7 – 12: 1.5 miles or more
- Districts that provide transportation for their public school students must provide transportation or aid in lieu of transportation for private school students living within the district.
- Districts that do not transport their own public school students will not provide transportation or aid in lieu of transportation for private school students.
What school districts currently offer bus service to and from Moorestown Friends School?
- Moorestown Township Public Schools*
- Rancocas Valley Regional School District**
- Lenape Regional School District**
* Please refer to the eligibility information at the top of this page.
** Please note: Some towns in this district are subject to aid in lieu of busing if there is not sufficient number of students.
Does Moorestown Friends School offer private bus service to and from school?
Moorestown Friends School is pleased to offer limited private bus service as an option for many of our students. Although MFS does not guarantee transportation, pick-up locations/times, or length of routes, we will do our best to accommodate all students interested in transportation. Families may choose to pay for a full year of transportation or may pay by season (fall, winter, spring).
- Round Trip – $3,750 ($1,250 per season)
- One Way – $2,250 ($750 per season)
- Depending on location, it is possible a centralized pickup/dropoff point may be used.
For Special or Emergency Circumstances:
For regular bus riders only – a ticket can be purchased for $20 in the Business Office for individual rides but are limited to 5 per season for each student. Tickets will only be issued when the student passenger can be accommodated.