We’re excited to get to know your child!
Applying to Moorestown Friends School is simple and we are here to help you through the process. We welcome candidates of all races, cultures, and religions.
First round decisions are made for Grades 9-12 by late January, and for Grades 1-8 by mid-February. Preschool, Prekindergarten, and Kindergarten applicants are notified in mid-March. We encourage you to begin the process as early as the summer and fall of the preceding year. However, applications are still accepted throughout the spring and summer when there is available space in a particular grade.
As you begin the process, we encourage you to download our easy and helpful admissions checklists by clicking the links on the right side of the page.
Ready to begin?
The link will take you to another site (Ravenna) where you will first be asked to create an account. Then you’ll choose the location of the school (Southern New Jersey) and be able to click on Moorestown Friends School from the drop-down list. The application fee is $45.
- We want to get to know you and your family. As part of the online application, you will be asked to fill out a Parent/Guardian Questionnaire. For students applying to Grades 5 – 12, we also ask for responses to a Student Questionnaire and to upload a graded, writing sample.
a. Please upload a copy of your child’s birth certificate with your application. Please also include a photo of your child.
- We want to hear from your child’s current teachers, after November 1.
a. For students entering Preschool through Grade 4, we ask for a recommendation from your child’s current teacher. Just input the teacher’s email and a link will be sent directly to the teacher. When the form is submitted, it will go directly into the child’s file.
b. For students entering Grades 5 through 12, recommendations are requested from both your child’s English and Math teachers. Just input the teachers’ emails and a link will be sent directly to the teachers. When forms are submitted, they will go directly into your child’s file.
c. Finally, download, print, and sign the Request for Release of Records form and give it to your child’s Guidance Office at the current school. This gives permission for a copy of your child’s transcript to be mailed from the current school to Moorestown Friends School.
4. We want you and your child to visit our school. First, contact the Admissions Office to schedule your Parent Meeting with one of our Admissions Team members.
a. Be sure to schedule your 1st – 12th grade child for a School Day Visit at that Parent Meeting. Preschoolers and Prekindergarteners will be invited for a Playgroup.
- Admissions Testing. There is no testing for children applying to Preschool, Prekindergarten, and Kindergarten. Children applying to Grades 1 – 12 are assessed using standardized tests that are administered at Moorestown Friends School on the dates below.
a. To register for an in-house testing date, please click on the event in your online application. Screenings are held in the morning on these dates:
• Saturday, December 8
• Sunday, December 9 (Middle and Upper School students only)
• Saturday, January 12
• Saturday, March 2
For children applying to Grades 3 and up, we also accept the national ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Click on this link to find a testing date and location.
For children applying to Grades 4 and up, you can also submit the results of your child’s SSAT. Click on this link to find a testing date and location.
*If none of these dates work for your family, or if you are applying past the deadlines for these tests, please contact the Admissions Office for assistance.